Leanne asked me via Facebook to translate the recipe for my secret weapon: my Bircher muesli.
It’s perfect for breakfast just before a long ride or run. And it’s also perfect for recovery when you come finally back 🙂
So here we go. You need the following ingredients:
- 0,7 liter of fresh milk (organic)
- 0,25 liter natural yoghurt
- 0,2 liter of liquid cream (if you prefer a light version replace it with yoghurt!)
- 2-3 cups of oatmeal (organic)
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 table spoon of sugar
- Vanilla sugar
- Almonds (finely ground)
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 bananas, diced
- 2 apricots, diced
- 1 cup of strawberries, diced
- 1 cup of blue berries
- 1 lemon, the juice of it
The preparation is easy:
- Working time: about 25 minutes (when you do it the first time…)
- Resting time: approx 10 hours
Mix cream, milk, raisins, sugar, yogurt, almonds and oatmeal in a big bowl an let it overnight in a fridge.
The next day you just add the diced fruits and lemon juice, stir well and serve in portions on plates. Berries and walnuts on the top! You may like to add some sugar, but the fruits should do the job.
You can serve it the following 2-3 days. So perfect for busy sportsmen!